Visiting scientists and foreign collaborators
- Shuai Wang, Nanjing Agricultural University. Visiting scientist during 2020-2021 to work on invasive earthworm research.
- Nico Eisenhauer, Munich Technical University, Munich, Germany. Ongoing collaborator on earthworm invasion in forests.
- Kalev Jogiste, Director, Forest Research Institute, Estonian Agricultural University, Fulbright Scholar, September 2010-June 2011. Continuing research collaborator on disturbance and herbivores in temperate and boreal forests.
- Jacek Oleksyn, Polish Academy of Sciences, Institute of Dendrology, Kornik, Poland. Ongoing collaborator on a variety of forest ecology topics.
- Jiri Schlaghamersky, Assistant Professor, Masaryk University, Czech Republic. Fulbright Scholar, September 2010-August 2011. Continuing collaborator on Enchytraieds and soil biology.
Tyler Baumann, M.S. with Kyungsoo Yoo, 2021 to date. Topic: jumping worm invasion in Minnesota.
Nick Partington, M.S., NRSM, with Matt Russell, 2021 to date.
Samuel Reed, Ph.D., NRSM (With P. Reich), 2017 to date.
Kristi Nigul, Ph.D., Estonian University of Life Sciences (with A. Kangur), 2011-2021
- Serres, Terry, M.S., NRSM, 2006 to date. Topic: Pine regeneration after compounded wind and fire disturbance in the BWCAW.
Former graduate students
- Louis Goodall, M.S., NRSM, 2019-2021. Topic: Native plant diversity as affected by stand age and jumping worm invasion in MN.
- Anoszko, Eli, Ph.D., NRSM, 2017. Thesis: Impacts of multiple fires and wind disturbance on forest community composition, succession and diversity in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness.
- Chaffin, David, Ph.D., 2019. Thesis: Climate change and future forests of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness: a landscape-scale assessment of temperate tree abundance, earthworm invasion and understory regeneration trends.
- Toot, Ryan, M.S., NRSM, 2018. Thesis: Analysis of future climate-biome envelopes and bur oak succession potential of the Western Great Lake States.
- Ojanen, Paul, M.S., (NRSM), 2007-2014. Thesis: A study of herbaceous vegetation in Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest: Relationship of earthworms, white-tailed deer browsing and Carex Pensulvanica Lam.
- Roth, Alex, Ph.D., NRSM, 2015. Restoration Ecologist, Friends of Mississippi River, Minneapolis, MN.
- Bapikee, Chaina, Ph.D., NRSM, 2013. Thesis: Sugar maple (Acer saccharum) forest community dynamics across an environmental gradient from the prairie-forest border to interior forest biome. Currently data analyst with Netflix.
- Benedict, Michael, M.S. 2001. Forester, Bureau of Indian Affairs, MIdwest Regional office, Minneapolis MN.
- Burton, Julia, M.S. 2004. Ph.D. 2011, Associate Professor, Michigan Tech University. Houghton, MI.
- Cornett, Meredith, Ph.D. 2000. Director of Climate Science for Minnesota and the Dakota’s, The Nature Conservancy, Duluth MN.
- Danz, Nick, Ph.D. 2009. Associate Professor, Department of Natural Sciences, University of Wisconsin-Superior.
- Dieser, Peter, M.S., 2011, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.
- Dovciak, Martin, Ph.D. 2001. Associate Professor, Department of Environmental Science and Forestry, SUNY Syracuse.
- Fisichelli, Nicholas, Ph.D. 2012. CEO and Forest Ecology Director, Schoodic Institute at Acadia National Park, Maine.
- Augustine, David, M.S. University of MN 1997, Ph.D. Syracuse University, 2002. Landscape Ecologist, USDA Crops Research Lab, Fort Collins Colorado.
- Hale, Cindy, Ph.D. 2003. Organic farmer, Duluth, MN.
- Holdsworth, Andy, Ph.D. 2006. Science Policy Analyst, Minnesota POllution COntrol Agency, St. Paul, MN.
- Ojanen, Paul, M.S., NRSM, 2007 to date. Topic: Exotic earthworm survey of Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest, Wisconsin.
- Peck, Jeri, Ph.D. 2007. Research Scientist, School of Forest Resources, The Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA.
- Rich, Roy, Ph.D. 2006. Researcher, Smithsonian Environmental Research Institute, MD.
- Salk, Ted, Ph.D., NRSM, 2013. Thesis: Poor recruitment is changing the structure and species composition of an old-growth hemlock-hardwood forest.
- Smita Mehta. M.S. 2003.
- Weyenberg, Scott, M.S. 2001. National Park Service, Fire Ecologist for Voyageurs NP and other National Park Service units in the Upper Great Lakes Region. St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, WI.